We had only been in our new home in Washington state for a few weeks when we were invited to our neighbors home for dinner. Mr. Neighbor was an excellent home chef and prepared the most divine slow cooked tomato sauce with locally produced Italian sausages. I’m sure we had other dishes of food that night, but all I can remember are the sausages.
As we were chatting about food, Mrs. Neighbor mentioned the sausages were from Isernio’s Sausage Company in Seattle. Well that was all she had to say because the next day I was on the hunt for Isernio’s sausages. Thirteen years later… I’m still cooking with Isernio’s products.
If there is one thing that will completely grab my attention, it’s a great story. The Isernio story is one of timeless traditions shared with friends and family, combined with hard work and passion that led to the making of a great sausage company. Flavor, quality, product selection and value are just a few reasons I’ve been a long time fan of Isernio’s products. From traditional mild and hot Italian sausages to fresh ground meats and chicken sausages, Isernio’s has a product to make every meal inviting and delicious.
Over the years I’ve created dozens of tasty recipes with Isernio’s products. These Chile Lime Chicken Burgers were one of the first recipes I created with Isernio’s Ground Chicken, making a flavorful and healthy alternative for burger season. Isernio’s Ground Chicken is perfect for most any recipe you would use ground beef. I use the ground chicken in tacos and enchiladas and of course I use it in all sorts of Italian pasta recipes.
This beautiful pasta primavera, prepared with linguine, is perfect for the spring and summer season. It’s filled with fresh garden produce, beautifully balanced with Isernio’s Ground Chicken and laced with a light cream sauce. Loads of flavor that make a healthy and hearty meal for any occasion.
Here’s wishing you a most delicious week!
Loads of Love,
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb Isernio's ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1 red pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup chopped asparagus or asparagus tips
- 1 cup sweet peas
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, torn or chopped
- 12 oz to 1 lb linguine
- Splash of lemon juice
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Add water to a large pasta pot, add a generous pinch or two of salt and heat to a boil over high heat. When the water boils add the linguine and boil according to package directions. About five minutes before the pasta is done, add the bell pepper and asparagus to the pasta. The veggies will cook crisp tender in the pasta water. When the pasta is done, drain the pasta and veggies in a colander and place it in a large bowl.
- While the pasta water is heating, add a few tablespoons of olive oil to a large skillet and heat over medium heat. When the oil is hot add the onions. Sauté until the onions are soft. Then add the garlic, Italian parsley and oregano and sauté a minute longer. Then add the ground chicken and a dash of salt and pepper and cook until the ground chicken is browned. If it's not cooked through, that's ok because it will finish cooking in the sauce.
- Next add the 1/2 cup of white wine to the ground chicken mixture and reduce until almost all the liquid is gone.
- Then stir in the heavy cream and simmer until the cream has reduced a bit and slightly thickened. Stir in the sweet peas and grated parmesan. Add a splash of lemon juice to the sauce and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour the the sauce over the pasta and veggies, add the fresh basil and toss to combine. Serve with extra grated parmesan and warm, fresh Italian bread.
This is a sponsored post.